Welcome! I'm Angela. This is my little corner of the web where I write about my adventures as a boy mom. I love my husband and my kids and coffee and all things chocolate. I'm a horrible cook but I love reading recipes. I am currently teaching my five year old how to read and the importance of hygiene. My other boy is currently teething, so I may sound a little sleep deprived at times. We're a homeschooling, slightly crunchy bunch. We're a little cooky but we sure do love being a family. We can be found down by the river every weekend.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Tangents

I think in tangents these days, so it's probably only fitting that I write in tangents. 
Life is an absolute whirlwind right now, and I'm pretty sure the only reason I blog is to have an excuse to sit down for five minutes with a cup of tea and look like I'm doing something very official and important to my kids. 

We got an offer on the house the first week it was up. A great offer. It fell through. We got a second offer on the house, not as great, but so far it hasn't fallen through. We had the inspection yesterday, so as long as that goes well we're moving next month. 

I never, EVER want to sell a house again. Unless it's a flip. Having strangers in my home, where my babies live, while we're NOT THERE,  is incredibly terrifying. There is nothing normal about it. My stomach has been a wreck and I haven't been able to keep food down because I don't like strangers apparently. 

House showings have also turned me into an annoying, OCD neat freak, because that's what the people want. They don't want to see dirty dishes or cloudy windows or clutter. As a result I clean any time I am not sitting down. And it's never enough, because there are kids here and kids are messy and that's just real life.

I'm a minimalist, I talk about how great it is to not have a lot of stuff, but the stress of putting our home up for sale has sent me straight to Kohl's. Apparently I self medicate with pretty things. It's an expensive problem. 

There's more. There's always more. I am dreaming of the day, someday soon, when we will be in our new house, no for sale sign in the yard, and we'll be just a little bit bored. I hope that day comes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment