Welcome! I'm Angela. This is my little corner of the web where I write about my adventures as a boy mom. I love my husband and my kids and coffee and all things chocolate. I'm a horrible cook but I love reading recipes. I am currently teaching my five year old how to read and the importance of hygiene. My other boy is currently teething, so I may sound a little sleep deprived at times. We're a homeschooling, slightly crunchy bunch. We're a little cooky but we sure do love being a family. We can be found down by the river every weekend.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Heavy

This past month has been incredibly heavy. There's no nice way to say it.
One sweet friend had a miscarriage and she cried and I cried.

One friend gave birth to her baby boy only to have him meet Jesus. The memorial service is on Saturday and my heart is broken for her.

One friend is going through a painful divorce.

One family member is suffering with thyroid cancer while she mothers her seven month old.

One friend's family is heartbroken over the drowning of an eleven month old blue eyed boy named Courage.

The list goes on. People are hurting and I am sad and I don't know how to help.

I cannot make the pain go away.

I try to do what people did for me during my hardest days.

Show up.
Encourage.
Pray.
Hug.
Cry.
Buy gifts (Thank you, Jesus for Amazon prime these days).
Cry some more.

The older I get, the more I am realizing that life does not get easier. We get stronger. I hate that, but there's no way around it. There will always be hurt. There will always be pain and loss and sickness in this life.

The best thing we can strive for is to make life a little less heavy.

What you do and say matters to those that are hurting.

Don't let fear stop you from reaching out to the broken.

They need you more than you know.




He heals the broken-hearted and binds up their wounds. 
Psalm 147:3 

No comments:

Post a Comment