Welcome! I'm Angela. This is my little corner of the web where I write about my adventures as a boy mom. I love my husband and my kids and coffee and all things chocolate. I'm a horrible cook but I love reading recipes. I am currently teaching my five year old how to read and the importance of hygiene. My other boy is currently teething, so I may sound a little sleep deprived at times. We're a homeschooling, slightly crunchy bunch. We're a little cooky but we sure do love being a family. We can be found down by the river every weekend.

Friday, December 4, 2015

Hope



The little ornament above is one my son brought home from Sunday school last week. Our church is big on Christmas, as any good church should be.
This little paper decoration hit a nerve.

I've given up the notion of hope this year.
Hope means vulnerability. Disappointment. Pain.
Hope is for suckers.
Right?

But, God tells us to hope. This little ornament reminds me that God's promises are supposed to fill us with hope. Dare I venture down this road again? Dare I risk being hurt again to open my heart to what God has for me? It's so scary. But God promises not to leave me on this road alone.
He doesn't promise easy.
He doesn't promise pain free.
He doesn't promise material wealth or good looks or all the babies my mama heart desires.
But he promises hope.
It's his gift to this broken soul of mine.

Merry Christmas, dear ones. May your December be filled with hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment