Welcome! I'm Angela. This is my little corner of the web where I write about my adventures as a boy mom. I love my husband and my kids and coffee and all things chocolate. I'm a horrible cook but I love reading recipes. I am currently teaching my five year old how to read and the importance of hygiene. My other boy is currently teething, so I may sound a little sleep deprived at times. We're a homeschooling, slightly crunchy bunch. We're a little cooky but we sure do love being a family. We can be found down by the river every weekend.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Keep calm and go to Hobby Lobby

Sleep training. Teething. A growth spurt. All in the same week. It's the perfect storm, really. We've been trying to convince little Levi that sleeping in his own crib is fabulous. That all the cool babies are doing it, and that he will wake up so refreshed if only he rests his little head down on that adorable gray and white chevron crib sheet that I so tastefully picked out to match his gray and yellow chevron room that he never sleeps in.
I'm exhausted. He's decided that he will only sleep when I am holding him, and even then I have to be walking around or doing lunges or something similar. Jillian Michaels would be so proud. There was a time, I think 2:30 am, when I said to him "Sweetheart. I am tired. You are tired. We're all tired. Let's just be reasonable about this and go to sleep." And he looked at me with those pretty eyes and cussed me out. Not really. He only says dada and hey. But the WAY he said it, oh boy. He was mad.
I called Ben at work and just cried. He doesn't like me, I said. I have to go back to work and you can be the stay at home parent because I am a failure and I am so exhausted and I broke the pack-n-play because yes, I put my grown up self in it to show our angel that pack-n-plays can be fun for naps too. 
To which my husband replied "You what? Pack-n-plays are not for adults. I mean, why don't you go to Hobby Lobby? The boys will like the change of scenery. Go buy something pretty. Not for them, for you. It'll be okay. And babe? Maybe stop trying to fit into Levi's things. You're an adult. I know you're small, but you're not an infant."
What, you and your husband haven't had the exact conversation?
Anyway.  The kids and I went to Hobby Lobby. And you know what? They were perfect. Levi loved all the lights and sounds, and Lo loved pretending the cart was a spaceship. I bought some crafting supplies and kind of forgot about how weary I was. It was SO NICE.
 Now the way home? That's a different, crying filled story (why do babies loathe car seats so much?). But for the hour we were in there, walking around, up and down every aisle, we were great. I may need to go there every day from now until he stops cutting teeth. You're welcome to join me :)



2 comments:

  1. LOL, I actually climbed into K's crib once to cuddle with him, but then was afraid to get out after I did it, because I was afraid I would teach him how to escape his crib. No lie, I called in Jeremy to come get K and take him in the other room so that I could get out. Parenting makes you crazy. Or maybe it's the lack of sleep that makes you crazy. Ah, either way you end up crazy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me laugh, Jen :) I'm glad you get it!

      Delete