Welcome! I'm Angela. This is my little corner of the web where I write about my adventures as a boy mom. I love my husband and my kids and coffee and all things chocolate. I'm a horrible cook but I love reading recipes. I am currently teaching my five year old how to read and the importance of hygiene. My other boy is currently teething, so I may sound a little sleep deprived at times. We're a homeschooling, slightly crunchy bunch. We're a little cooky but we sure do love being a family. We can be found down by the river every weekend.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A prayer for the overwhelmed mom

Thank you, Father, for loving me right where I am. Just as I am. 90 something pounds of anxiousness, stress, uncertainty. You love me even though I fail day after day. Even though I'm not a good cook, I can't keep a spotless home, my car keeps breaking, and I say bad words. Even though the future scares the living daylights out of me. 
You love me. 
And you say I am enough. 
Right where I am. 
You don't compare me to others. 
Because my story is different. 
It was always meant to be different. 

You knew all along every painful event of 2014, way before I was on this earth.

You've counted every tear, you've understood prayers I couldn't put into words.
You've heard my heart.

You know it all.
And you love me.
I am enough.
Right now.
Not when I get it all together.
Not when our checking account looks better.
Not when I can finally cook fancy meals.
NOW.
I am so grateful for the now. 
It seems like everyone else has it all figured out.
I don't.
I'm grateful for a savior who does.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!

    I was just on J's FB getting something and started poking around and then I started feeling bad about myself and remembered that is exactly why I don't have a FB. It's so easy for me to get down when I start comparing myself to everyone else's "perfect life".

    ReplyDelete